In this episode, Myke and I discuss a number of topics including, the Metro UI in Microsoft Windows 8, the differences between Microsoft and Apple in the way they organize internally, the way other companies will show something that is two years from release where Apple would never dream of telegraphing their moves that far out, how IT is being besieged my the Mac and iOS, and much, much more. We also discuss the "upcoming" Kindle tablet that, well, has now come out. We record these in advance so mea culpa.
Items discusses include:
- 8 traits of great Metro style apps | BUILD2011 | Channel 9
- MyLifeBits - Microsoft Research
- Episode 74 - Dear Mr Egg Freckles - The Bro Show - The Bro Show
- Apple - iCloud - The new way to store and access your content.
- Amazon’s Kindle Tablet Is Very Real. I’ve Seen It, Played With It. | TechCrunch
- Minimal Mac | Disruptive
And, because it was discussed but not released: